Use of personal data
In this statement we explain how we process your personal data that we collect on this site. Worldy does its best to protect the privacy and security of its users and site visitors (in short, you). We of the Worldy staff are also users of websites - both ours and others - so we fully understand and respect the importance of privacy and the protection of your personal data. Below is our Information on the use of personal data, updated as of February 15, 2021.
Who do you communicate your data to
For all our services, the data controller (Owner), or the company responsible for your privacy, is Worldy srl. If you have any questions about how we protect your informations, you can contact us here:
Phone: (+39) 02 4837 6108
via del Passero, 3
What data we process and why
The criteria with which we manage your personal data are based on the principles of lawfulness, fairness, transparency and confidentiality, and of course on the rules governing privacy. (Regulation UE 679/2016 “GDPR” e DL 101/2018). We use your information for a variety of purposes and in different ways: what we do depends on what information we collect and why. Here's what we do.
What we collect
We need your personal data to provide our service and to put you in contact with Local Friends and Hosts, in order to respond to your requests. If you are a Local Friend or a Host, we will also process your data for the necessary tax and legal obligations that govern our relationship.
How we handle them
Your data is processed automatically (on various systems) or manually, but always in compliance with the principles of lawfulness, fairness, transparency and confidentiality.
Who we share them with
When necessary, and always to respond to your requests, your personal data is shared with Local Friends and Hosts, so that they can respond to your requests and we can provide you with our service. We also use systems that are necessary to manage your relationship with us and to communicate with you when necessary or if you have given us consent to do so (such as the mailing systems we use to send you communications). In any case, our partners guarantee that your data will be processed in compliance with the same principles of lawfulness, correctness, transparency and confidentiality, and with the current legislation (GDPR and its additions). If you allow us (with specific explicit and revocable consent, as per legislation) we will be able to share your personal data with third parties (partners, external companies, consultants, etc.) for the purposes we will indicate to you. Remember that you can modify, limit or revoke your consent to these treatments at any time, exercising your rights (see below, in the section Your rights).
Where we handle them
We process your data exclusively in Italy and in countries that comply with the regulations in force in Italy (GDPR and related additions).
How long we retain them
We will retain your information for one year after the last access to the service and for as long as we are required to keep it to ensure that we meet current legislation and tax and legal requirements. If you no longer wish to be a Worldy member, you can delete your account from the My Account section of the site; alternatively, you can request cancellation by contacting us at the addresses below, in the section How to contact us. In this case your data will be deleted within the period indicated by the current legislation (30 days), unless it is necessary to keep them to meet regulatory and / or legal requirements.
Current legislation, and in particular the GDPR (Reg. 679/2016) and its subsequent additions (Legislative Decree 101/2018) guarantees you many rights relating to your personal information, namely:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is used (like this policy!)
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can update most of this through My Account)
- the right to request the deletion of your data or the interruption of their processing or acquisition, in certain circumstances
- the right to change the methods of receiving our communications, which you can exercise with the appropriate section My account on the site
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (for any processing based on it)
- the right to request the transfer of parts of your data to you or to another service provider
- the right to ask us to explain any IT system decisions that affect you
- the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Guarantor in case of violation of these rights
We may change this policy from time to time to reflect how we are processing your data or changes in the law. If we make significant changes, we will clarify this on the site or other Worldy services or via other means of contact, such as email or telephone, so that you can review the changes before continuing to use Worldy.
How to contact us
We are always happy to hear from you (especially if you feel we could do better). Whenever:
- you have any questions or comments about this policy
- you wish we would stop using your information
- you wish to exercise your rights as indicated above or wish to file a complaint
Or, if you wish, you can write to us at:
c.a. Responsible for data protection
via del Passero, 3